The Gold Standard of Safety Certifications
The Board of Certified Safety Professionals is acknowledged as the leading body in high quality certification for practitioners in the fields of safety, health, and environmental aspects, to facilitate the enhancement of the safety of people, property and the environment. BCSP:
- Sets standards for the safety practices of professional, technician, technologist and supervisory level workers.
- Evaluates certification applicants based on their academic and professional experience qualifications.
- Administers examinations.
- Issues certificates to candidates who meet BCSP's certification qualifications and successfully pass the examination(s).
- Enforces mandatory recertification requirements, continuously monitoring professional development.
BCSP sets and certifies technical competency criteria for safety, health and environmental practitioners worldwide; enhancing careers, advancing the profession, protecting the public.
Why should you get certified?
The easiest way to earn the respect of the professional safety community is to achieve certification. Attaining a “gold standard” certification from BCSP notifies fellow safety professionals and employers alike that you have met rigorous educational, experience and examination requirements. Certification gives you a competitive advantage in hiring, and certificants report higher salaries than their non-certified counterparts. Prove your value with BCSP certification.
- No other safety certification holds the same level of demand by employers and government agencies.
- No other safety credential has the same impact on salary.
Nationally & Internationally Accredited
The CSP and ASP are accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), the primary source for internationally recognized standards in U.S. based professional practice. The CSP was the first certification in safety, health, environment, and ergonomics accredited by this national organization which evaluates certification programs. The certifications are accredited through the ANSI/ISO/IEC 17024 standards for personnel certification programs, and can be found on ANSI's database by their 0646 identification number.